Pipe Modular Lift System
Engineered Rigging’s patent-pending Pipe Modular Lift System (PMLS) eliminates the hazards of suspended loads. Different from all other heavy lifting systems, the PMLS employs a platform that mechanically raises and lowers heavy cargo via a system of vertical lift rods connected through gearboxes to electric motors. It is proudly engineered and manufactured with domestic materials in the U.S.A. This revolutionary vertical lift mechanism secures both the cargo and platform. It provides positive mechanical engagement 100% of the time and completely eliminates below-the-hook lifting.
In addition, the PMLS integrates seamlessly with multiple load handing systems such as a Self-Propelled Modular Trailer (SPMT), intermodal transport, etc. Additional advantages of the Pipe Modular Lift System include:
- Faster Lift Times: 20 in. per minute. The PMLS is about twice as fast as comparable strand jack systems.
- Improved Reliability: no failing cable drums or leaking hydraulics
- Rapid Assembly: fully operational in just five days
- Modular Design: customizable lift capacity and footprint
- High Wind Tolerance: operates in 50-MPH winds, essential for keeping critical path projects on schedule
- Easy to transport: ships in standard ground trailers
- Free-standing, modular column assembly
- Customizable lift capacity and height
- Configurable footprint (square, rectangular and round layouts)
- High-capacity runway
- Enclosed lift system protected from weather
- Heavy-walled steel construction
- Proudly made in the U.S.A.
- Lift: configurable in 200-ton increments
- Height: configurable in 10-ft. increments
- Wind Load: 50 MPH (operating) and 120 MPH (high winds)
- Side Load: designed for 5% side loading
- Clear Span Openings: configurable to 50 ft. or larger
Safe, Seamless Operation
- Travel speed is 20 inches per minute
- Power Requirements: 80V-3P
- Load fully secured, not suspended
- Self-locking, no cribbing required
- Perfectly synchronized lifting
- Unaffected by unbalanced loads
- Stable in harsh environmental conditions
- Remote controllable up to 350 ft.
Industry Standards Compliance
Engineered Rigging’s Pipe Modular Lift System complies with the applications sections of the following standards:
- AISC Manual of Steel Construction, 9th Ed. and 13th Ed.
- ASCE 7–10, Minimum Design Loads for Buildings and Other Structures
- AWS D1.1, Structural Welding Code
- ASME NQA-1-2004, Subpart 2.15, Quality Assurance Requirements for Nuclear Facility Applications
- ASME B30, Various Sections
- NUREG 0612, Control of Heavy Loads at Nuclear Plants
- 29 CFR 1926, OSHA Construction Industry Regulations
- ANSI/SAI A92.9, Mast-Climbing Work Platforms
- ASME A120.1, Safety Requirements for Powered Platforms and Traveling Ladders and Gantries for Building Maintenance