PATENT-PENDING PIPE MODULAR LIFT SYSTEM
“This Changes Everything!”
Engineered Rigging has created a revolutionary game changer with its patent-pending Pipe Modular Lift System (PMLS). The PMLS eliminates the hazards of suspended loads by employing a platform that mechanically raises and lowers heavy cargo via a system of structural elements. It provides a safer and faster method of lifting equipment and materials up and into elevated equipment hatches. In addition, the PMLS has numerous advantages over traditional crane and gantry lift systems. To see how the PMLS mitigated a utility outage, click here. The launch of the PMLS was featured in American Cranes & Transport magazine.
Speed, Power and Versatility
Given its freestanding modular design, the PMLS’s capacity and footprint can be configured based upon the project’s requirements.
- Lift speed: 20 inches per minute (twice that of strand jack systems)
- Lifting capacities: 400, 800 and 1,200 tons
- Vertical travel distance up to and exceeding 50 feet, with exact height customized to match project requirements
- Clear span openings configurable to 50 feet or larger
- Square, rectangular and round layouts
- 5 percent side loading
Minimizes Load Handling & Reduces Risk
The PMLS platform was developed to accept any mobile material handling equipment, such as ER’s SPMT, with the cargo in place. This approach eliminates the need for additional equipment and lifts to transfer the component from one system to another. Once the PMLS reaches the desired elevation, the mobile material handling equipment transfers the cargo from the platform to the adjoining structure for delivery.
Easy Transport and Rapid Assembly
- Ships in 12 standard ground transportation trailers versus 25 − 30 trailers needed for cranes or gantries
- Requires no wide load or heavy load permits
- Assembles in five shifts, or fewer, compared to three to four weeks for comparable systems
Safe, Reliable Operation
Unlike traditional lift systems, there are no cable drums or strands that can fail or hydraulics that can leak.
- Wind load: 50 miles per hour (operating) and 120 miles per hour (high winds) enables work to safely continue despite inclement weather
- Computerized control: sets vertical travel distance based on user input
- Power failsafe: load remains in place on the secured platform until power is restored
- The self-locking PMLS provides perfectly synchronized lifting and positive mechanical engagement of the cargo and the platform — 100 percent of the time
- Its performance is not affected by unbalanced loads
The PMLS complies with the applicable sections of the following standards:
- AISC Manual of Steel Construction, 9th Ed. and 13th Ed.
- ASCE 7–10, Minimum Design Loads for Buildings and Other Structures
- AWS D1.1, Structural Welding Code
- ASME NQA-1-2004, Subpart 2.15, Quality Assurance Requirements for Nuclear Facility Applications
- ASME B30, Various Sections
- NUREG 0612, Control of Heavy Loads at Nuclear Plants
- 29 CFR 1926, OSHA Construction Industry Regulations
The PMLS is proudly engineered, manufactured and load tested in the U.S.A. Demonstrations of its capabilities are available via video or at Engineered Rigging’s Arkansas facility. To schedule a live demonstration of this ground-breaking lift system, please contact us by clicking here.
The PMLS has been featured in the following publications:
Heavy Lift & PFI
Engineered Rigging Unveils More
International Cranes and Specialized Transport
Taking Safety to New Heights
PowerGen 2015 Announcements
ER Showcases PMLS
American Cranes & Transport Magazine
PMLS is a New Concept in Rigging
Business In Focus Magazine
Innovation and Integrity